Together’s Life After Cancer Section Helps Survivors Navigate Life After Treatment
Survivors facing a new life after cancer treatment may feel relief, joy, and hope. These feelings may also cause stress about what the future holds.
Families are often ready to return to their everyday lives. Yet, they may find that “normal” looks completely different now. After spending so much time with the cancer care team, they may wonder about follow-up care.
This new chapter after cancer is a huge time of change. People want to know... What happens next?
Cancer affects many aspects of people’s lives, even after treatment ends. To help navigate, we created a set of resources to answer questions survivors may have.
The Life After Cancer section includes:
- Be Your Own Health Care Advocate: Tips for how to build a health care plan with your doctor.
- School and Work: Articles on handling college, trade school, and the professional world after treatment.
- Long Term and Late Effects: Information on post-treatment risks you may face.
- Healthy Living: Articles on how to create healthy lifestyle changes.
- Post Treatment and Beyond: Information on how to make the transition from treatment to follow-up care.
- If I had cancer, will my children get cancer: Facts about the chance of passing cancer down to your child.
- Emotional Well- Being: Tips on how to cope with the emotional aspect of post-treatment.
- Survivor Stories: Personal stories from survivors.
The Life After Cancer section also covers current topics such as COVID-19. Do you have a suggestion, or is there a topic you would like to see more information about? Please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
June 6th – National Cancer Survivors Day
National Cancer Survivors Day is a day to celebrate the lives of cancer survivors. It is estimated there are more than 500,000 childhood cancer survivors in the United States. Survivors, families, and friends spend time reflecting on the challenges survivors have handled. National Cancer Survivors Day is a day to raise awareness for cancer survivors.
Teens&20s Mini-Site Created for Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Cancer Patients, SurvivorsApr 7, 2021